Ground turkey curry is one of the favorite dishes in almost every part of North American and Asian countries.
It is an inexpensive option in which we mix spices well. If you have already eaten it, then you must be aware of how amazing it tastes.
There are many classical and exciting ways to cook this innovative dish. In this post, we will talk about top 3 recipes that involve ground turkey and curry. We suggest that you should try each of them.
1. Ground Turkey Curry with Potato
If you are bored of eating the traditional ground chicken, lamb or beef, then it is time to substitute it with the ground turkey. Furthermore, the addition of curry makes this dish better than ever.
There is a variety of ingredients that you need to you cook in this dish. Some even consider it one of the best ground turkey Indian recipes. Let’s check out the list of ingredients that we have mentioned below:
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala
- Add 1 chopped onion and fresh red chilly
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 3 Roma or plum tomatoes
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced and cloves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 3-4 vegetable oil
- 2 large potatoes
Method to cook
There are certain steps involved in this method to cook this exciting ground turkey curry. Check out each of them carefully:
- First, you need to heat oil in a large utensil. When the oil gets hot enough, then you should add the ground turkey into it. Don’t forget to spread evenly over the utensil for proper heat.
Also, it is important that the meat should be crowded and that’s why you should cook it without stirring.
- Once the turkey starts to turn brown, you should add the chopped onion and chillies in it. Stir it continuously for 5 minutes so that the onion starts to change its color.
- After that, it is imported to add some taste in this ground turkey curry So, you have to sprinkle the salt over the cooked material and then add some grated garlic and ginger in it. Don’t forget to mix them well for some minutes.
- In this step, we have to add certain spices like cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, etc. Add some water and then the pieces of potato. Stir them for a certain period, so it gets combined.
- Now, let it cook at medium-low heat for at least 15 minutes so that potatoes get tendered.
- Once the potatoes get tendered, you have to add the peas and tomatoes in the utensil. After that, mix them well and then cover it for some time. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes and then add some salt if required.
- We suggest you add some chopped cilantro before serving this dish. Eating white rice with one of this best ground turkey Indian recipes will make your day.
Also Read: Amazing Vegan Recipes for Kids
2. Minced Ground Turkey Curry
The second recipe in this post is minced ground turkey curry that loved by the people of every age. This amazing dish involved a very low amount of ingredients and can be cooked very easily. There are certain ingredients that you need for cooking this dish. Let’s note down the list of ingredients that will be added to this dish.
- 1 lb. cooked ground turkey
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup each sliced celery and carrots
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Method to cook
This dish is too simple to cook and involve very little complications. All you need to do is check out these directions that we have explained below:
- First of all, we suggest you should coat the pan with a cooking spray or vegetable oil. After that, add the celery and carrots. You should sauté them until they get tendered.
- On the other hand, make a mixture of ¼ cup milk and cornstarch in a different bowl. Mix them until they get smoother. Then add remaining milk and broth in that bowl. Make this mixture as smooth as possible.
- Now, add the tendered celery and carrots in the bowl in which you have made the mixture of milk and broth.
- Pour the vegetables in the bowl and let it boil. Cook it until the vegetables get thickened.
- In this step, you should add the curry powder, onion, turkey, garlic powder, and other remaining things. Stir it occasionally and serve them with the rice.
3. Ground Turkey Vegetable Curry
There is no way that we will miss the name of this dish in this post. This Ground Turkey curry recipe will let you eat a creamy and rich nutritional food. It has many nutritional things like carrots, chickpeas, and zucchini along with the ground turkey that is very beneficial for the body. First, check out the list of ingredients that you need for cooking this dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon each curry powder, tomato paste, fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro leaves, and brown sugar.
- I pound ground turkey
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup onion
- 1 cup coconut milk substitute
- 1 chopped zucchini
This simple recipe can be prepared in less than an hour. It is completely free from gluten and offers tremendous health benefits.
Method to cook
- First of all, you need to cook the turkey in a normal We suggest you keep the temperature maintained during the entire period.
- Once the turkey gets heated adequately, you need to put some oil in a pan and heat it. When the oil gets hot, you should add carrots and onions in it. Cook them until they get translucent.
- After that, add the curry powder and tomato paste in the pan. You need to cook them for 2 minutes to get the best
- Now, you need to add other things like zucchini, coconut milk, ground turkey, chickpeas, brown sugar, and other remaining ingredients. Boil this mixture of vegetables to low At last, sprinkle some cilantro leaves for adding extra taste.
It is best to serve this dish hot for enjoying the superb taste. You can eat this Ground Turkey Curry recipe.
You can try any of three recipes for getting the most of the ground turkey curry. If you want to add some extra ingredients, then you can add them. If you have any question about this post, please tell us in the comment section.